REFERENCE DOCUMENTS FOR FAMILY BASED CARE, FOSTER CARE, KINSHIP CARE AND ALTERNATIVE FAMILY CARE
→ DOCUMENTS TO BE DOWNLOADED:
- Guidelines for the Alternative Family Care of Children in Kenya, 2014.
- Case management and Alternative Family Care Package: Implementing the Guidelines for the Alternative Family Care of Children in Kenya, 2019.
- Gatekeeping Guidelines for Children in Kenya, 2020.
- National Care Reform in support for de-institutionalization (Kenya National Care Reform Strategy).
- Kenya Constitution.
- African Charter on the Rights and Welfare of the Child (ACRWC), 1990.
- National Plan of Action for Children in Kenya, 2015-2022.
- The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- UN Guidelines for the Alternative Care of Children, 2010.
- Training manual for providing Foster Care Services for Children in Kenya – A manual for professionals. The Tree of Life Kenya, 2021.
- Training manual for Foster Families. The Tree of Life Kenya, 2021.
- Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) for Kinship and Foster Care, 2020.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ): Institutionalization of Children and Alternative Family-based Care options for children in Kenya.
→ PROMOTION AND AWARENSS MATERIALS ON FOSTER CARE IN KENYA
- Posters – English
- Posters – Swahili
- Key messages
- Double interview: a Kenyan and an Italian Foster Family
- Interview to a Foster Care family in Nairobi
- Interview to a Foster Care family in Nakuru
- Video Animation on Family Based Care
→ STORIES AND TESTIMONIES
- The story of M.O.
- The story of J.K
- The story of B.B.
- Exchange program on Foster Care: Sharing systems, experiences and best practices to implement and strengthen Foster Care services in Kenya and Italy – 5th, 7th, 9th JULY 2021.
- FULL RECORDED SESSIONS ON YOU TUBE:
→ ARTICLES, RESEARCHES
- Kenya’s Over-Reliance on Institutionalization as a Child Care and Child Protection Model: A Root-Cause Approach, by Njeri Chege and Stephen Ucembe, April 2020.
- Deinstitutionalization of Children in Kenya – EXPLORING TENSIONS IN THE POLICY SHIFT FROM DEPENDENCE ON INSTITUTIONAL CARE TO FAMILY-BASED CARE, by Risa Miseki, Decembre 2018.
- Institutional Care for Children in Kenya, Stephen Ucembe, 2020.